On Feb 8, 2014, at 10:39 AM, David Delmonte <ddelmo...@mac.com> wrote:

>  When the user enters a new password, it overwrites the asterisks (I'll
> change them to bullets), and the user can see what he/she is writing. I never
> understood why people can't see what they are typing in.

— So the folks standing behind you (don’t think that they aren’t there) can’t
see your password.
— So Applescript, et al, cannot snarf the password from the field.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
www.Culverson.com                     (toll free) 1-877-676-8175