Very true, and that's why I asked Apple in a Radar to fix it since, if it
CAN be done, they're more in a position to do it (masters of the hardware
and software) than relying upon each developer to make secondary screens.

Maybe the hint text could be a layer not available for secondary device
consumption on top of the actual bullet being displayed?  Maybe a bit
slow/cumbersome and possibly only activated when a secondary screen is
used, but that's how I might start out trying to do it myself.  I haven't
tried it myself, but I wonder if screenshots are only possible with the
bullet and no hint text; maybe a tie-in?

It's all academic for us; this needs to be addressed by Apple, so file
your Radar you've been threatening to do, and maybe it'll make the next
upgrade.
--
Gary L. Wade
http://www.garywade.com/