On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Sixten Otto <hims...@sfko.com> wrote:

> Let me be clear: I'm not talking about borrowing the "none" constant from
> Enumeration A and using it when calling something that expects values from
> Enumeration B. I agree that that would be confusing, and possibly get me
> into trouble one day. The thing that I was trying to remember, and that
> apparently no one recognizes from my description, was a standalone thing.
> More like NULL or NO.

I just happened to run across the constant that I has been trying to
remember. And because this conversation was such fun the first time, I
thought I'd follow up for posterity:

The constant in question is kNilOptions. The reason no one remembered it is
almost certainly that it's declared in MacTypes.h. (See it here, for
example:
https://www.opensource.apple.com/source/CarbonHeaders/CarbonHeaders-18.1/MacTypes.h
)

Sixten