On May 15, 2014, at 8:42 AM, Diederik Meijer | Ten Horses
<diede...@tenhorses.com> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I implemented a very straightforward UIAlertView.
>
> For some reason, on iPad, a light rectangular appears behind the alertview,
> here is what it looks like:
>
> http://www.tenhorses.com/apps/alertScreenshot.jpg
>
> What makes it strange is that that light rectangle is not visible when I take
> a screenshot, see jpg
>
> This only happens on iPad, not on iPhone.
>
> The centre part (the white card on the larger background) is a UIView that
> has a number of subviews.
>
> This UIView has clipsToBounds set to yes, because I have subviews flying in
> with animations.
>
> If I set clipsToBounds to NO, then the alertview is shown normally without
> any issues.
>
> Has anybody run into this and is there a way to fix this?

When it doesn’t appear in screenshots it usually means its a transient
compositing error (as the screenshot re-composites the screen).

I’m not certain what exactly would cause this, but you might be served by
better describing your view hierarchy (and I assume you are showing your alert
with the -show method, and that it is a plain UIAlertView and not a subclass).

--
David Duncan