On May 16, 2014, at 01:01 , Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org> wrote:

> the debugger only stops in UIApplicationMain.

That’s most likely because your “level of detail” slider (the horizontal slider
below the call stack in the Debug pane) isn’t at the extreme right end.

> What I am seeing in the log is
>
> 2014-05-16 09:46:56.796 MyApp[30998:60b] -[__NSCFString CGColor]:
> unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x10debb640
>
> Checking the address with `po` I can see the string. But it still did
> not help to find where this happens. I added the following
> breakpoints:
>
> * All Exceptions
> * -[__NSCFString CGColor]
> * -[NSString CGColor]

The last 2 won’t help. NSString doesn’t have such a method, so the breakpoints
will never trigger. (You’ve effectively set a breakpoint on a global symbol
that doesn’t exist.)