On Jun 6, 2014, at 01:05 , Lee Ann Rucker <lruc...@vmware.com> wrote:

> There's no supported way to do it and never has been

I was able to do it — at least partially — in IB:

— Select the checkbox

— Display the “Core Animation Layer” tab of the inspector palette (the last
icon on the right)

— Check the box next to the checkbox’ entry in the list.

— Add a filter to the “Content Filters” list.

— Change the filter to “Hue Adjust”, and enter a parameter to get the color you
want.

This worked for me when the checkbox was checked, though it was still gray when
unchecked — presumably because it’s desaturated so the hue change has no
effect. You can probably make it work like Calendar by choose a different
filter (Colorize?) or a combination of filters.

OTOH, I can’t help saying that colorizing checkboxes doesn’t sound like a
fruitful approach to UI design.