Hello all,

What is the persistence and backup policy for files stored in an app group
shared container on iOS 8 -- that is, the directory returned by -[NSFileManager
containerURLForSecurityApplicationGroupIdentifier:] ?

More specifically, can I treat this directory in a similar manner as the app's
regular Documents directory such as returned by [[NSFileManager defaultManager]
URLsForDirectory:NSDocumentDirectory inDomains:NSUserDomainMask] ? (In
particular, the latter is preserved in user backups via iTunes or iCloud.)

The “iOS Data Storage Guidelines”
<https://developer.apple.com/icloud/documentation/data-storage/index.html> do
not address this, nor do its linked references.

We're developing an Action Extension and my desire is to maintain some
persistent shared data between the extension and the containing app, and
migrating from the Documents directory to the shared container seems like the
reasonably obvious thing to do.

thanks,

-ben