Hi,
    I am working on iOS 8 based application, i want to use
UISearchController to provide search feature. I am able to show the
searchBar by setting tableViewHeaderView as
serachController.searchBar. but this approach shows searchBar permanently
on tableView.

Instead of that i want to display the search bar only when user needs.

I am looking for a solution to show the searchController when tap the
search bar button on navigation bar.

    @IBAction func searchButtonTapped(sender: UIBarButtonItem) {

// I don't know what code should go here to display search bar, i tried
couple of them like below, but nothing display searchBar

//1. searchController.searchBar.becomeFirstResponder()

//2. showViewController(searchController, sender: nil)

 //3. searchController.active = true

    }

what code should go in searchButton action method to display searchBar.

Regards

Sasikumar