On Nov 4, 2014, at 14:39 , Luther Baker <lutherba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created a project on github that essentially duplicates the problem I'm
> having.
>
>     $ git clone https://github.com/EffectiveProgramming/LBOutlineViewDemo.git
> <https://github.com/EffectiveProgramming/LBOutlineViewDemo.git>

I don’t see anything in it that should prevent the reload from working, so I
don’t know what else to suggest except submit this project as a bug report.

OTOH, based on the direction that you seem to be heading, I’d suggest you might
do better to use bindings (from your table cell view subviews to the table cell
view’s objectValue property, which would be set to the custom list item) and
KVC to get the outline view to update, rather than using reload. That approach
doesn’t answer the issue you’ve run into, but it might make it moot.