> On Dec 15, 2014, at 8:38 AM, ecir hana <ecir.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Please, can anyone explain to me why does the following program
> consistently segfault after 50000 characters? I'm running 10.9.5…

What's the backtrace? Whenever investigating a crash you should always start by
looking at the stack. (To get this in a text form you can paste into a message,
use the debugger command "bt".)

My first guess was that you've hit one of those cases where certain regular
expressions can take huge amounts of memory to match on long strings, but as
you're running on OS X you've presumably got a 64-bit process, so that
shouldn't be an issue.

—Jens