On Dec 17, 2014, at 3:02 AM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerr...@mdenkmann.de> wrote:

> A TableView with an ArrayController which has an Array of
> MutableDictionaries; keys corresponding to TableColumns.
> The table is editable and the dictionary of the edited row gets changed.
>
> All as expected.
>
> But I want to know when any value of any row has been changed by the user, in
> order to update some data.
> This looks like a very common problem. So probably it has a very simple
> solution.
>
> But how?

By not using NSMutableDictionary ;-) Generally when one is needs an object with
a well-defined form, using a specifically defined object (vs NSDictionary)
tends to be more appropriate. It will be faster, use less memory, and be more
extensible.

Further, you might run into problems if you need to know exactly which
object/key was edited in -textDidEndEditing:. I recall having some issue with
this a while ago, but I don't recall. If you get correct values from -editedRow
and -editedColumn, and can then map column indexes to keys, you might be fine.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.