On Jan 2, 2015, at 09:35 , Peters, Brandon <bap...@my.fsu.edu> wrote:

> I am trying set up my application to do some condition compilation to address
> a deprecated method in 10.9 that has been replaced in 10.10 with another
> method. I am running Xcode Version 6.2 (6C86e, beta). Here is the code:
>
> #if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED <= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_9
>
> -(NSRect)constrainBoundsRect:(NSRect)proposedBounds {

I’m pretty sure I don’t want to get tangled up in this, because I’m very bad at
OS-version-dependent reasoning, but I’ll point out that ‘constrainBoundsRect:’
was apparently introduced in 10.9, not 10.10. OTOH, ‘constrainScrollPoint:’ was
informally deprecated in 10.9, and only formally deprecated in 10.10.

It’s not clear to me whether you’re trying to distinguish between 10.9 vs
10.10, or 10.8- vs 10.9+. Your comments suggest the former, but if so you don’t
actually have to make the distinction.

If the latter, then shouldn’t the test be ‘>=‘ rather than ‘<=‘? If you’re
trying to *override* ‘constrainBoundsRect:’, you need  a deployment target of
at least 10.9. OTOH if you’re trying to supply the “missing”
‘constrainBoundsRect:’, then you really shouldn’t do that — you don’t know if
it might have been a private method previously.

On top of all that, according to the NSClipView.h header file, there is a
compatibility mode if the deprecated  ‘constrainScrollPoint:’  is actually
overridden, so it’s possible that none of this is actually necessary.

But I’m probably confused …