You can stack views and controls however you like. I do it all the time. You
need to pay attention to the list of views, not just the visuals in iB. Just
use an outlet or binding to hide the ones you donĀ¹t want showing. Set the
activity indicator to hide when not active. When you stop animation, unhide
the other control.