> On 30 Jan 2015, at 07:44, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> NSControl has properties target, action.
>

> If I redeclare the storage, to use my own storage ivars via @synthesize, the
> properties have to be nonatomic, but the original properties don't define
> this, so the compiler complains that the redeclared properties do not match
> the originals.

I don't see this in a quick test I just typed into Xcode. I did this in the .h
file

@interface RKControl : NSControl
@property SEL   action;
@property (weak) id     target;
@end

and .m

#import "RKControl.h"
@implementation RKControl
{
        SEL             myAction;
        id              __weak myTarget;
}

@synthesize action=myAction;
@synthesize target=myTarget;
@end

and I get no warnings or errors and the properties I believe match the
originals. I dropped one on a project as an NSView, set the class, connected up
a random target/action and debugged viewDidLoad to check the control was there
and had a correct target/action.

What are you seeing which is different? If you are having a problem then does
it work if you don't use synthesize and go back to the good old -(thing)value,
-(void)setValue:(thing)value?