On Jan 29, 2015, at 22:24 , Andrew White <andrew.wh...@audinate.com> wrote:

> The code I've inherited uses this to draw rounded rects on the background of
> each row.  So if I want to modify the width and position of those rects, I
> need to feed information about the item in outlineView:rowViewForItem into
> the row view and update the drawing accordingly?

You won’t be able to set the frame of the the row view — it’ll be changed to
match the dimensions of the outline view after you return it. So, you’ll need
to put a subview inside it, and then use auto layout, or springs & struts, or
custom drawing, to get the rounded rect frame indented how you want.