> On 5 Feb 2015, at 12:28 pm, Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Hard to tell without the code that surrounds it.

That's the problem - there is no code that surrounds it. I'm using the
NSURLSession/NSURLSessionDataTask interface. This internally calls down into
operation queues, low level networking, sockets and so on. It's also not
happening consistently - I had a couple of these today and then it started
working fine. I haven't seen these before either.

I do kick off a lot of these sessions at once - it kinda depends on how the
user has configured the app, but I'm currently testing with about 50 separate
tasks, each of which opens a NSURLSession. These remain in existence and valid
until the app quits (or until a particular task that owns it is deleted). Maybe
that's just too many? I haven't read anything that says there is a limit to
these, and I'm not sure it's going to be easy to reorganise to reduce them.

> On 5 Feb 2015, at 12:20 pm, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:
>
> You should google EXC_GUARD, it’s interesting.
>
> 0x40000002000000fe
>
> the 02 in the middle says the guard is in dup(), which it is. The 0xfe at the
> end tells you what file descriptor it’s on. (0xfe .. really, seems unusually
> if not impossibly large for a file descriptor, you got that many files
> open?).

Well, at the point where this crashes, I haven't opened any files at all
myself, though it partly depends what you mean by "file" in this context, and
whether the lower level code invoked by NSURLSession opens files for its own
use. As I said, I'm creating about 50 NSURLSessions as my app launches, which
may be simply too many.

I am googling EXC_GUARD but haven't found anything that breaks it down - just a
bunch of people asking what it is.

--Graham