> On Feb 9, 2015, at 6:21 AM, Aaron Lewis <the.warl0ck.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to put only a UITextField and a bar button on a navigation bar.
>
> The text field will take both the space of both left and the middle space.
>
> Is that possible? In Xcode I can't drag it like that, it's either left or
> middle

There are 3 regions for a navigation bar, the left & right regions which
contain bar button items, and the center which contains a title view. If there
is no title, the bar items can stretch into that region to a fair degree
without you needing to do much more than ensuring that your view is large
enough (setting its frame or bounds before setting the corresponding bar button
item on the bar for example).

Please do not add additional subviews to UINavigationBar (or UIToolbar or
UITabBar). That will only end in pain and suffering.
--
David Duncan