Thanks for the mental prodding, guys. I did some sleuthing by added an observer
for the array controller's selectedObjects.@count in code so I could watch it
as well as the comboStringValue property. When the selection changed and the
combobox was empty, I noticed the comboStringValue property was nil, which
spurred me to check the Null Placeholder for the comboStringValue binding. It
was Unspecified. Changing it to No solved the problem.

This also sparked my understanding of the other binding attributes, like
Multiple Values Placeholder and such, resulting in me not needing my special
EnableOnlyFor1ItemXformer value transformer on the array controller
selectedObjects.@count binding. Duh. I guess when I decided to tackle Core
Data, Cocoa bindings, NSTableView, and NSArrayController all at the same time,
my brain quickly overflowed. :)

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek