On 03 Mar 2015, at 00:14, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:
> I'm getting an exception thrown by the NSPopover code when a popover is going
> away. Due to the way popovers are handled, the exception is not one I'm able
> to catch, so the app is terminated. This is a very big punishment for what
> seems a trivial transgression that doesn't even matter at this time, nor one
> I have any apparent control over.
>
> Here's the upper part of the stack trace of the exception:

 Sounds like an actual bug, at least I don’t get this behaviour in my popvers.
Are you sure your NSPopover is still valid at the point? What does calling
malloc_size() on the pointer return? If it’s 0, it’s already been disposed.

 Are you using the same view controller for several popover pop-up events? I
usually create a new one and let the NSPopover release it. I also usually
release the NSPopover when I get an NSPopoverDidCloseNotification (or whatever
it is, going from memory here). Any of these different from what you’re doing?
It seems like you’re re-using both the popover and its view controller for
different occasions. That sounds like it should be fine, but as I’m not doing
it, it may be worth trying if somehow Apple isn’t expecting that.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
“The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...”
http://zathras.de