On Mar 11, 2015, at 14:07 , Charles Srstka <cocoa...@charlessoft.com> wrote:

> Yes, but every time you make any change to the frameworks thereafter, you
> have to make sure to keep the two in sync. Better to avoid the duplication of
> data.

I’m not having much success in making this point: There aren’t [wouldn’t be]
two, only one.

Current scenario: There’s *literally* a set of master SDK headers in Obj-C.
These are auto-translated on the fly to Swift, by the Swift compiler. (I can
see the auto-translation fairly easily, by command-clicking a symbol.)

Possible future scenario: There’s a set of master SDK headers in Swift. These
are auto-translated on the fly to Obj-C, by an enhanced clang compiler, or
possibly (as a hackaround) by a separate tool that runs automatically whenever
the master headers are touched.

The consequence of this possible future scenario would be that an Apple
engineer writing code for an interoperable framework would write the .m file in
Obj-C, but the public .h file in Swift.