Eyal,

I don’t have an answer for you, just a request for clarification. If a view has
a low alpha setting, you expect the content behind it to show through, so your
description sounds like normal behavior. However, I suspect you’re dealing with
a real problem.

Are you saying that your view with low alpha is above other content in your
app, but instead of the information which *should* show through, Yosemite is
blending with other content—content from windows or the desktop behind your app?

--

Charles