> On 4 Apr 2015, at 9:38 am, edward m taffel <etaf...@me.com> wrote:
>
> use ColorSync.

That’s most definitely not what Graham is looking for. He’s looking for a way
to convert colours programatically, and cross-platform iOS and OSX (no
colorsync on iOS).

I just looked in my library of bits and pieces and found some code which write
into a bitmap and reads it out again. I don’t even know when I wrote that, and
it’s not used in any of my projects, but I believe that was me converting
colours at low-level.

Surely there’s a better way (but then again I said ‘surely there is a better
way’ when I saw the discussion on whitespace in swift and there hasn’t been one
yet).