On 14 Apr 2015, at 10:05 pm, Martin Hewitson <martin.hewit...@aei.mpg.de> wrote:

> Hmm, are you sure about this? I was just able to produce one. In my first
> text storage I have a long string and search for a common word like “the”.
> Then I switch to the second text storage which has a much shorter string and:

This is what I'm doing in my text view subclass:

    [self setIncrementalSearchingEnabled:NO];
    [self.textFinder noteClientStringWillChange];
        //  modify textStorage here
    [self setIncrementalSearchingEnabled:YES];

Seems to be working in my (admittedly limited) testing.

--
Shane Stanley <sstan...@myriad-com.com.au>
<www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/>