> On 15 Apr 2015, at 08:59, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:
>

>> On 15 Apr 2015, at 09:49, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerr...@mdenkmann.de> wrote:
>>
>> On iPad (portrait orientation) there is on the left a MasterView,
>> overlapping the DetailView.
>> (i.e. splitViewController.displayMode =
>> UISplitViewControllerDisplayModePrimaryOverlay)
>>
>> When I tap on the DetailView, the MasterView slides away.
>> (i.e. splitViewController.displayMode →
>> UISplitViewControllerDisplayModePrimaryHidden)
>>
>> How can I do this from code?
>>
>> The obvious way would be:
>>      splitViewController.displayMode =
>> UISplitViewControllerDisplayModePrimaryHidden;
>> but displayMode is readonly.
>>
>> iOS 8.3
>>
>> Gerriet.
>>

> Let’s see if the documentation contains any hints here .. documentation on
> UISplitViewController’s displayMode ..
>
> "To change the current display mode, change the value of the
> preferredDisplayMode property.”
>
> I’d probably try that

I read this as meaning “set the general behaviour”.
Indeed: when I set preferredDisplayMode =
UISplitViewControllerDisplayModePrimaryHidden then the Primary stays hidden,
even if I rotate the iPad to landscape.
This is NOT what I want.

I want: [ splitViewController
hideThePrimaryViewExactlyAsWhenOneTappsOnTheSecondaryView ];

Kind regards,

Gerriet.