On Apr 15, 2015, at 14:54 , Jonathan Taylor <jonathan.tay...@glasgow.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Am I right in thinking that when running under Xcode any drawing errors will
> be logged to the Xcode console?

No, not unless they’re actually exceptions. Messages from other processes are
only going to appear in the system log.

With puzzling, intermittent errors like this, I often find that reading your
own code carefully may be more productive than going to heroic debugging
extremes. The trick is not to prejudge *where* in your code you should look.
(Don’t be the person looking underneath the street light for a dropped quarter
because “that’s where the light is”.)