I have a window made up of a couple of NSSplitViewControllers and custom view
controllers. It's mostly a master-detail type of thing, where the selected item
in the first split sets up the second, and a selected item there sets up the
third.

Thing is, I don't see a good way to bind from one view controller to the other.
I could subclass NSSplitViewController, override -prepareForSegue:, and inject
references to the NSArrayControllers that way, but that means subclassing
NSSplitViewController, which seems rather lame.

IMO, IB has never adequately address connecting across view controllers, and
it's so frequently required, I'm surprised.

Or, am I missing some glaringly obvious way of doing this? The WWDC 2014 s212
talk on this glossed over this problem.

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com