On Tue, May 12, 2015, at 06:38 PM, Graham Cox wrote:

> So it looks as if a property that is IBInspectable may be getting
> incorrectly set to 0 by IB AFTER -initWithFrame: is called, maybe because
> the user interacts with the inspectable properties but doesn’t set a
> value - rather than leaving it alone it forces it to 0. That’s definitely
> a bug. It could also be caused by the stale values I mentioned before,
> where removing IBInspectable attribute from a property doesn’t remove the
> property setting in the nib.

IBInspectable properties are just a convenience for setting User-Defined
Runtime Attributes on the Identity inspector. Since the original purpose
of User-Defined Runtime Attributes is to set values that IB doesn't know
about, IB can't forget settings for which the IBInspectable property has
been removed.

Likewise, there is no such thing as a "valueless" User-Defined Runtime
Attribute. Conceptually, we could add one, since UDRAs are just a way to
say "call -setValue:forKey: after decoding", and nil values are
acceptable here (as opposed to, say, dictionaries).

If you're an old-school Mac developer, one of the tricks to getting
along with IBInspectable is forgetting everything you've ever known
about IB Plugins. :P

> Overall, looks promising but right now too buggy to rely on. :(

Radars are always welcome. :)

--Kyle Sluder