Hi John,

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Morrison, John wrote:

> I too have been running Load tests, I also noticed that 'something' was
> happening regularly to slow the response.  I hadn't gotten round to checking
> the code though (the testing machines are isolated - 0 access from/to my dev
> station).
>
> I saw your patch and rejoiced ;) but it's taken the response of some of my
> pages from a couple of hundred milliseconds to over 5!  I've not yet looked
> at _what_ your patch did, but have you seen a similar increase in time?

        Thanks for the information mate. It could be that the synchronization
        of the getHandler() method causes this slowdown as getHandler() is
        called in every request.

        I noticed that the Handler object is actually kind-of built for this
        situation, as it maintains an internal 'regeneration' variable which
        catches all other incoming threads for the same sitemap, and makes
        them wait until the first generating thread is finished.

        The only problem is that this functionality doesn't seem to be used
        as a new Handler object was created upon request (for the same
        sitemap), until the first one was finished. :-(

        I'm about to try out Carsten's latest changes too. I'll let you know
        how it goes.

        Cheers,

        Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: