Hi Vadim,

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hm. Interesting question. :)
> I just modified this so it's compatible with other boolean settings.
> "True" might be overkill - next thing you know people will ask about
>internationalization ;)

        *nod* Point taken.

        I just noticed that log-format and show-time use equalsIgnoreCase() so
        we already have a discrepancy there. :-(

        Just being picky herer, but the other thing is that (general with most
        of the options):

                true equates to true, as expected
                false equates to false, as expected

                with the current implementation,

                False also equates to false, as most would probably expect
                FALSE also equates to false, as most would probably expect

                but

                True equates to false, not what most would expect
                TRUE equates to false, not what most would expect

        This could cause some configuration woes for the unwary.

        Another general question here, the current implementation appends to
        log files if the init parameter is not set (ie. if
        getInitParameter("log-append") returns null) - do we want this to be
        the case ?

        Cheers,

        Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: