Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> As you probably have heard or read somewhere, Xopus 2 (or at least the
>> most important modules of it) has been open sourced under the Apache
>> license on  August 30th: http://www.xopus.org
>

> Thanks for the hint : the "plans and schedule" page still says "nothing
> happened", but Xopus is available from the "downloads" page.

Yes I know, their website is a bit out of date

>> We already have built an "interface" for an alpha version of Xopus 2
>> (which we kindly received from Q42 some weeks ago) within the Wyona
>> project.
>>
>> We are now starting to really integrate the Xopus 2 OS version.
>> Because the OS version has slightly changed to the preview
>> version we had, we can't just plug it in unfortunately.
>>
>> We want to write code which should be usable by other Cocoon projects,
>> such as for instance:
>>
>> -Xopus sitemap for "reading and writing pipelines"
>>  (Probably some Java classes are needed)
>> -examples
>> -documentation
>>
>> If we manage to write things generically (no Wyona dependencies)
>> which I am sure we are able to, then we can certainly donate the code
>> to the Cocoon project if you are interested in.
>>
>> Maybe you would like to join our efforts. Any help is very welcome.
>

> There are certainly many people interested in helping, as Xopus brings
> some amazing features and integrating it with Cocoon can lead to some
> killer applications.
>
> So just tell us where you need help !

I will finish within the next couple of days a
basic sitemap (reading, saving and redirect after saving), some more
examples and start some documentation.

Then refactoring and enhancing starts ... that's where I would need help

If anybody is already interested in my stuff I did so far and doesn't
want to wait some more days, I can certainly checkin my stuff into the
Wyona CVS where it will be public. Just let me know.

Michael

--
OSCOM - Open Source Content Management Conference
September 25th - 27th 2002, Berkeley, California