Jeff Turner wrote:

Heh.. I think you're right. Matchers, Selectors and Actions are all
switches that can do logic. Actions have an unfair advantage in that
they get passed a SourceResolver. I actually wrote a
ResourceExistsMatcher first, then decided a Selector was more
traditional.

In Cocoon 2.1, the SourceResolver is a regular component that any Composable can get through the traditional lookup() method. Actions advantage is gone !!

Sylvain