On Friday, Mar 14, 2003, at 13:46 Europe/London, Steven Noels wrote:

while briefly checking the Wiki, I was confronted with some apparent abuse: people uploading attachments which don't have much to do with Cocoon (possibly just making benefit of the bandwidth we are sponsoring), people playing around on certain non-Sandbox pages, even to the extreme of erasing the Main page, and various other not-so-funny things. I'm very happy to see some people go in and correct, and the new 'restore latest version' feature of JSPWiki sure helps with this.

Nevertheless, I'm annoyed a bit by the lack of adult behaviour by some IP addresses, and was wondering whether (and how) I should block them. I know this sounds pretty harsh, and that's why I'm polling you guys to see what you would think would be a fair policy.

FYI, when people do this on the Apache AxKit Wiki, I block their IP at our firewall. Harsh, but fair. And no complaints so far.

Matt.