Stefano Mazzocchi escribió:
(...)

Wow, a VM with native continuations, very interesting.

Question: do you think it would be possible to compile java source code
into parrot bytecode? how would the limited Perl typing capabilities
would impact that?

The key piece is the validator. The Java VM uses the class validator for security "contracts" (stack violations, typing violations, throwing exceptions, method signatures, etc.). I imagine the parrot people will use a similar technique on class loading (one of the most powerful concepts of java). It is well specified in the Java VM specification.

The caveat here is that I think there are patents covering the techniques themselves (from memory).

I feel like crosspollinating these days ;-)

I saw recently a blog entry classifying kind of bloggers. I was about to comment one kind missing: "Butterfly". I feel like a butterfly lately, crosspollinating as I wander from flower to flower :-)

I need to focus more, I'll do it when I get more answers than questions inside and I see a clear path forward (hopefully somewhere in the near future as I'm lagging more and more in day to day tasks...).

-- Santiago Gala High Sierra Technology, S.L. (http://hisitech.com) http://memojo.com?page=SantiagoGalaBlog