OK, I'll explain.

This is my 'menu.xsp' structure (it's xsp because I intend to add
dynamic content later on):

<xsp:page ...>
  <menu>
   <item longname="Cocoon" name="cocoon" default="sample">
    <item longname="Sample forms" name="sample" default="manage">
     <item longname="Manage employees" name="manage">
      <content src="forms/employee"/>
     </item>
     <item longname="Insert department" name="insdept">
      <content src="forms/add-department"/>
     </item>
    </item>
   </item>
  </menu>
</xsp:page>

When my user requests 'menu.xsp?select=cocoon/sample/manage'
I would like to aggregate 'menu.xsp' (as above) with 'forms/employee'.
When my user requests 'menu.xsp?select=cocoon/sample/insdept'
I would like to aggregate 'menu.xsp' (as above) with 'forms/add-department'.

I don't seem to be able to do this because aggregation doesn't provide a
way for my first aggregated page to determine which is the second
aggregated page. Or does it?

If I use <cinclude:include ...> where I have <content...> in menu.xsp
then I seem to get all the pages of my site included before my
subsequent stylesheet removes the unwanted ones. Not an economic approach!

If I use the sitemap approach to aggregation, I need to pass
'forms/add-department' from my first aggregated page (menu.xsp) to the
sitemap so that it can be used as the second aggregated page.

I hope the above helps for any enhancements to aggregation (removing the
v), or have I missed something? Any comments/work-arounds on the above
would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Peter.

P.S. I would also like to pass parameters from aggregated page to the
next aggregated page.