I agree.  It is fine to discourage use of redirects, but dictating it to
everyone by arbitrarily removing it from the framework is, in my opinion, a
poor choice.  Trust us to make mature choices about what constitutes good
design, even while educating us on a better way.  I think the point is also
well taken that, hey, redirects are a part of the current state of the art
in web programming.  Most programming languages have some dangerous
constructs (e.g., #become: in Smalltalk); maybe you avoid it like the
plague, but once in a long while, the benefits outweigh the problem, so you
use it.  So please, give us redirects even if you tell us not to use it.

-Christopher

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]