In this example, will the login.xsp get compiled as a serverpage?

In the cocoon docs it defintely implies that the aggregator is NOT a
generator (see the concepts page about halfway (basic mechinisms) down
there is a picture that implies

          Generator

         Transformer

file.xml->Aggregator<--file2.xml

          Serializer

This is exactly what I want to do. It seems a pity if the aggregator is
only a generator. It might even be nice to construct multiple pile lines
that feed into one. In the app I am working on, we want to build an
ideal screen of UI components, then paint them from an xml description
file. So the pipeline will build the perfect (and colorless, iconless
screen) and then aggregate it with the lookandfeel.xml description and
feed the result into an lookandfeel.xsl stylesheet that would apply the
colours by adding attributes to the ideal screen components. the result
of this would be fed to the site-html.xsl for actual creation.

I don't want the description.xml document to have any xsl in it. it
should be simple. So without map:aggregator at my disposal later in the
pipe what do I do?

> Aggregator is generator also, and you can't have more then one in a pipeline.
>
> Try this:
>      <map:match pattern="test">
>         <map:aggregate element="sum">
>             <map:part src="docs/login.xsp" />
>             <map:part src="docs/config.xml" element="userprofile"/>
>          </map:aggregate>
>          <map:transform src="stylesheets/site-html.xsl"/>
>          <map:serialize/>
>      </map:match>
>
> Add/change/remove element="" attributes as you need.
>
> Vadim

Mark Miller
Web Architect
Logica