Hi All,

   I face a problem to get database connection in Action, i followed all the step in
the cocoon2
documentation ( section Using Databases ), the example is not very complete( included
below ).
Do you know how to solve this problem, please tell me ....

********************************** Example From Cocoon2
*************************************

import org.apache.avalon.ComponentManager;
import org.apache.avalon.ComponentSelector;
import org.apache.cocoon.Roles;
import org.apache.cocoon.component.datasource.DataSourceComponent;

import java.sql.Connection;

// .... Skip a lot of lines until we are in the method you use
//      to initialize the DataSourceComponent ....

private DataSourceComponent datasource;

public void compose(ComponentManager manager) {
    ComponentSelector selector = (ComponentSelector)
manager.lookup(Roles.DB_CONNECTION);
    this.datasource = (DataSourceComponent) selector.select("MyConnectionName");
}

// .... Skip more lines until we actually need to use the datasource

private void meMethod() {
    Connection myConnection = this.datasource.getConnection();

    // .... perform SQL code here

    myConnection.close();
}

********************************** End Example From Cocoon2

Thank you.

KOk Choon.

Name: Ling Kok Choon
E-mail: Ling Kok Choon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 08/07/01
Time: 16:49:32

This message was sent by Z-Mail Pro - from NetManage
NetManage - delivers Standards Based IntraNet Solutions