Thanx, now at least I understand what's going on :)
/Anne Marie

-----Original Message-----
From: David Crossley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10. august 2001 02:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: <!ENTITY foo SYSTEM "file.name"> (was: ESQLl where
condition)

Anne Marie, I know the reason for the issue that you describe
below and one way around it. The external entity def.xml is
automatically included by the parser when it processes the
top-level welcome.xml document. So as far as Cocoon is
concerned, it sees that there has been no change to
welcome.xml and so it happily delivers the result from the
cache.

Now the solution: whenever you change the external entity
def.xml you need to touch (i.e. change the timestamp of)
the top-level document. This then invalidates the cache
and so Cocoon will process the welcome.xml again. We too
have this situation. Another automated application is
generating the lower-level XML docs. When it is finished
it touches the top-level file and so the pipeline gets
refreshed on the next request.

cheers, David