You can have a hidden field in the form, which tells the processing
logic behind it, which action to perform. For example, you could use the
hidden field values "process_edit" and "process_display" or
corresponding numbers.

The processing logic can be an XSP page, which generates content
depending on the action string submitted as a request parameter. You
further need pipelines in the C2 sitemap.xmap file describing, which
stylesheet is applied to which XSP page result.

Hope this helps.
Mario Muja,