From: "Bertrand Delacretaz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: XML messages

Hi Federico,

I can't pretend to be a Cocoon expert, but IMHO the following operations are
not very specific to what the Cocoon framework offers:

-receive messages (HTTP POST probably?)
-validate the sender (against a database?)
-validate the format (a parser with a DTD or schema will do it)
-update the XML database

So I would tend to implement them separately in a servlet or web application
environment, trying to write reusable business logic for these functions
(straight java servlets, enhydra or EJB).

On the other hand, I would definitely use Cocoon for this:
> offer to other clients using browser an overview of the database with
> the current data formatted with XML/XSL technology

In summary I would consider the "receive messages" (=information production)
and "browse data" (=information publishing) functions as separate
subsystems,
and I don't think Cocoon would help you much for the first one.

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++