Berin,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated...

I tried adding the xerces jar as the first entry in the

com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminserver.classpath property

in c:\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\admin.config

but it didn't make any difference.

Was this the WebSphere properties file that you were refering to?

Thanks

Jack