Dear All,

I am building a little login test.
It is meaningless, because the login validation is hard-coded but it is a
handy test for me, because I am just learning ;)

Here is a snippet of my (sub) sitemap:

        <map:resources>
                <map:resource name="login-fs">
                        <map:generate src="docs/framesets/login.xml"/>
                        <map:transform src="stylesheets/frameset.xsl"/>
                        <map:serialize/>
                </map:resource>
                <map:resource name="welcome-fs">
                        <map:generate src="docs/framesets/welcome.xml"/>
                        <map:transform src="stylesheets/frameset.xsl"/>
                        <map:serialize/>
                </map:resource>
        </map:resources>

        <map:pipelines>
                <map:pipeline>
                <!-- / -->
                        <map:match pattern="">
                    <map:redirect-to session="true" uri="welcome"/>
                        </map:match>
                <!-- /welcome -->
                        <map:match pattern="welcome*">
                                <map:act type="session-validator">
                                        <map:parameter name="descriptor"

value="context://r2r/resources/validators/login-test.xml"/>
                                        <map:parameter name="validate-set"
value="is-logged-in"/>
                                        <map:redirect-to session="true"
resource="welcome-fs"/>
                                </map:act>
                                <map:act type="form-validator">
                                        <map:parameter name="descriptor"

value="context://r2r/resources/validators/login-test.xml"/>
                                        <map:parameter name="validate-set"
value="is-logged-in"/>
                                        <map:act type="session-propagator">
                                                <map:paramater name="username"
value="{../username}"/>
                                                <map:paramater name="password"
value="{../password}"/>
                                        </map:act>
                                        <map:redirect-to session="true"
resource="welcome-fs"/>
                                </map:act>
                                <map:redirect-to session="true" resource="login-fs"/>
                        </map:match>
                </map:pipeline>
        </map:pipelines>

This is what the 'login-test.xml' file looks like:

<root>
        <parameter name="username" type="string" nullable="no"/>
        <parameter name="password" type="string" nullable="no"/>
        <constraint-set name="is-logged-in">
                <validate name="username" equals-to="jermq"/>
                <validate name="password" equals-to="blah"/>
        </constraint-set>
</root>

What happens is this:

With URL http://my.ip/c2/r2r/

        Matches "/r2r/", redirects to r2r subsitemap "/"
        Matches "/", redirects to 'welcome'
        Matches 'welcome'
                Session Validator fails (as expected)
                Form Validator fails (as expected)
                Session Propagator fails (as expected)
                Redirects to 'login-fs'
        User fills in form with 'username' and 'password'       posts to 'welcome'
        Matches 'welcome'
                Session Validator OK
                Form Validator OK
                Session Propagator OK
                Redirects to 'welcome-fs'
        I have a session cookie, I am 'logged in'

Up until now, everything has worked as expected

With URL http://my.ip/c2/r2r/welcome

        Matches "/r2r/", redirects to r2r subsitemap "/"
        Matches "/", redirects to 'welcome'
        Matches 'welcome'
                Session Validator fails (not expected)
                        should have redirected to 'welcome-fs'

I appear to have lost my session parameters!
It does not report that there is no Session, only that the 'username'
parameter is now null.

Another thing, I sometimes see the session string on the URL (?), why? I
have it in the cookie ......

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

thanks

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pager:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>