do you get a different error message when you leave out the quotes?

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

Subject:  Re: esql nested query not working - 1.8.2

I've tried it both with and without the single quote and it still doesn't
work.

Here is another clue - the nested query works if I run it against a MySQL
database, it just doesn't work against a Access database.

In a couple of months - we'll be converting the access database.  In the
meantime, is there a solution ( that will work with the access database )?

marty
----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher Painter-Wakefield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 9:41 AM

Try removing the single quotes around <esql:parameter  type
="string"><esql:get-string ancestor="1"  column="rid"/></esql:parameter>

I think by including the single quotes you are making a query that doesn't
use parameters (your where clause looks like "... Main.rid = '?' ", e.g.,
the literal string '?').

-Christopher

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]