Hi Christoph,

To get oracle working, you must first add a section to load the oracle
driver class in the web.xml file. Be certain that the Oracle driver Jar file
is in your servlet engine's classpath.

<web-app>
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>Cocoon2</servlet-name>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>load-class</param-name>
                        <param-value>
                                oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
                        </param-value>
                </init-param>
        </servlet>
</web-app>

Then in the cocoon.xconf configuration file you must specify a datasource
such as:

  <datasources>
    <jdbc name="mydata">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>
      <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@myserver.mydomain.com:1521:myInstance</dburl>
      <user>scott</user>
      <password>tiger</password>
    </jdbc>
  </datasources>

Finally, you can either use the connection in an XSP page or pass a Query in
XML to the SQL transformer as part of a pipeline in your sitemap:

                <map:transform type="sql">
                        <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="fp"/>
                        <map:parameter name="show-nr-of-rows"
value="false"/>
                </map:transform>

HTH,