Hi all,

thank you Aaron, for the desription how to use Oracle from within Cocoon (and
Tomcat!).
This also works in my environment.

My question is:

I want to call Cocoon2 from then command line WITHOUT Tomcat.
There is a run.sh file in the Cocoon root directory, which starts Cocoon with a
"stand alone" java-cmd. No Tomcat!

In this case, Cocoon makes some assumptions, e.g. where the applications are
(./webapp), where the work-dir is, etc.

I wonder, where I can set these parameters. Also I wonder, where the settings
can be done, which are "normally" set in the web.xml file of Tomcat, like the
"init-param named "load-class" (because there is no Tomcat in command line
operation).

> <web-app>
>    <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>Cocoon2</servlet-name>
>         <init-param>
>              <param-name>load-class</param-name>
>              <param-value>
>                   oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
>              </param-value>
>         </init-param>
>    </servlet>
> </web-app>

So, in other words, my problem is: how can I set up an environment for starting
Cocoon "stand alone" which is compatable to my Tomcat environment.

Did anybody run Cocoon2 from the command line already????

Any reports are appreciated!

The background for my request is the following:
I have written an application sampling together data concerning a life insurance
contract  from several SQL-databases with the <esql>-taglib in a <xsp:page>,
which is then transformed to html.
Now I want to run this application for many cases and send the final html-pages
to an other department.

Thank you
Christoph