I also share your impression that the SQL transformer is better : I would
like to start using cocoon by processing my html pages (designed with an
html editor like Dreamweaver) with cocoon to replace some tags of my own
with the result of database queries. It seems I could use the SQL
transformer after the HTML generator. But I can not see how I could use the
esql logicsheet to do the same.

I think that I read somewhere (although I am not able to  find it again)
that the SQL transformer was deprecated.

Valentin

                    "Miller, Grant"

                    <Grant.Miller@C        To:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    OGNOS.com>             cc:

                                           Subject:     esql Vs SQLTransformer

                    01/18/2002

                    07:34 AM

                    Please respond

                    to cocoon-users

Hello,
Can anyone explain what are the advantages/disadvantages of using the esql
logicsheet as compared to the SQL transformer?
At the moment it seems to me that SQL transformer is better because you can
chain arbitrary sql transformers together where as esql can only be done in
the generate step. In other words, why have esql at all?
Are there other issues, such as does SQL transformer use connection
pooling?

Cheers,

Grant

This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If
you