Hello Anthony,

I don't know why rd.forward() method doesn't redirect your users, I use a
similar schema and I haven't any problem. Are there some error messages ?
Instead, to mantain session information through response.sendRedirect(site)
you may use:
response.sendRedirect(response.encodeURL(site));

Regards
Paolo

[...]