Derek,

As in <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/samples/xsp/{1}.xsp"/>
The source must be a xsp file.
>From the extension "derek1/logic/greeting3.xml" does not seem to be an xsp
file.

Valentin

                    "Derek Hohls"

                    <DHohls@csir.        To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    co.za>               cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: C2 Newbie: XSP Logicsheet in
sitemap ?
                    02/04/2002

                    04:30 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-users

Vadim

I appreciate all the help so far.  The samples are still not working
tho', after
making the changes you suggested...

I have attached the files - they are saved in a derek1/logic subdir
(directly
under cocoon), along with the following additiion in the sitemap.xmap
file:

   <map:match pattern="derek1/logic/greeting3.xml">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="derek1/logic/greeting3.xml"
/>
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="derek1/logic/greeting.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

This results in a :

java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
try to access method
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.addLogicsheetToList

(Lorg/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/AbstractMarkupLanguage$LanguageDescriptor;

Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/cocoon/environment/SourceResolver;
)V from class
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.XSPMarkupLanguage$XSPTransformerChainBuilderFilter

Could you please try your side?

Thanks!
Derek

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/02/2002 11:53:16 >>>
> From: Derek Hohls [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> Vadim
> Thanks for clarifications.

Welcome!

> Sample code I was referring to is in the XSP Logicsheet section of
the
> online manual:
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/xsp/logicsheet.html
> and especially the section "Using Logicsheets (Taglibs)"
> (as in the various 'greeting' samples that, as I said, do not work
under
> C2- maybe a hangover from C1)

I see... Yes, this is leftovers from C1. Especially this:

  <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>

and this:

processor.xsp.logicsheet.greeting.java
  = file:///cocoon/logicsheets/logicsheet.greeting.xsl

First is replaced by sitemap entry, <map:generate type="serverpages"
src="..."/>, and second is configured via cocoon.xconf, find XSP
logicsheets section in there.

Otherwise, these samples should work in C2 also.

Regards,
Vadim

> Derek
>

> D Hohls
> CSIR Environmentek
> PO Box 17001
> Kwa-Zulu Natal
> South Africa
> 4013

> Derek,
>
> > From: Derek Hohls [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >
> > Vadim
> >
> > Thanks for the sample code - both of these look quite a bit more
> > complicated than the samples in the XSP Logicsheet, but I will
work
> > through them to try and understand both the grammar and logic.
>
> Ahem... I have not seen the sample code - so no comments on this
one...
> Where it is, btw?
>

> > Please excuse my ignorance, but I am still unclear as to how these
are
> > actually *used*.  Is there also a simple.xml file that has has
tags
> that
> > 'call' these sheets?
>
> logicsheet-test.xsp *is* the XSP page which uses hello logicsheet
> (logicsheet.xsl).
>

> >  Can I use the original example?
>
> Which one? What file you are talking about?
>

> > Also, what does
> > the sitemap pipeline be that will enable these files to actually
be
> > processed by Cocoon?
>
> Sitemap pipeline provided in the sample Cocoon webapp will work for
this
> example, if you place files in the docs/samples/xsp directory.
Pipeline
> is:
>
>    <map:match pattern="xsp/*">
>     <map:generate type="serverpages"
src="docs/samples/xsp/{1}.xsp"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/dynamic-page2html.xsl">
>         <map:parameter name="view-source"
> value="docs/samples/xsp/{1}.xsp"/>
>     <!--
>        Run-time configuration is done through these
>        <map:parameter/> elements. Again, let's have a look at the
>        javadocs:
>
>        "[...] All <map:parameter> declarations will be made
>        available in the XSLT stylesheet as xsl:variables. [...]"
>     -->
>     </map:transform>
>     <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
>

> Vadim
>

> > Thanks in advance for help
> > Derek
> >
> > D Hohls
> > CSIR Environmentek
> > PO Box 17001
> > Kwa-Zulu Natal
> > South Africa
> > 4013

> > Try attached example. Put under docs/samples/xsp directory in the
> Cocoon
> > sample webapp. Let me know if it was helpful for you.
> >
> > PS: Note that logicsheet was declared right after <xsp:page>
element,
> no
> > spaces or tags:
> >
> > <xsp:page language="java"
> >           xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
> >           xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0";
> >           xmlns:xsp-hello="http://apache.org/xsp/hello/1.0";
> > ><xsp:logicsheet location="docs/samples/xsp/logicsheet.xsl"/>
> >
> > Vadim

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

(See attached file: logicsheet.greeting.xsl)(See attached file:
greeting3.xml)(See attached file: greeting.xsl)