Sean,

I just went through the same thing in the last couple of days. But finally
I got it to work with jdk1.4 by getting a copy of cocoon(2.0.2) via CVS
(instructions are on the web), and most importantly Tomcat 4.0.1. With
Tomcat 4.0.2 I got the hanging you're describing.

Mark.

                      "Sean Griffin"

                      <trenchguinea@yah        To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      oo.com>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Problems getting Cocoon 2.0.2
to run
                      03/02/2002 06:25

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      cocoon-users

After hours of trying many different things trying to get Cocoon to run,
both from the command-line and through Tomcat, I continue to trace things
back to compiling the sitemap.  I know that the FAQ says something about
Cocoon taking a long time to start and the build.bat file echos that
compiling the sitemap may take a long time, but how long is long?  I let it
compile overnight (7 hours at 1GHz) and it still wasn't done in the
morning.  I'm using JDK 1.4 on WinXP.  I tried taking the last release
version (Cocoon 2.0.1) but I had some sort of incompatibility issues with
JRE1.4.  It said that Cocoon wasn't recent enough to understand the class
version 48.0.  Anyway, is it usual to take this long or is it caught in an
infinite loop.  It sure seems to be the latter.

Thanks for any help.
Sean