I'm getting rather confused on what a pipeline actually consists of, and
can't find any docu on this. In the sample sitemap, some match nodes are in
their own pipeline, other pipelines contain many different matches. One
pipeline contains its own error-handling definition, which implies that you
can have different pipelines with differing error-handling routines (altho in
this case it seems to be identical, so quite what purpose . . .). If so, what
happens for those pipelines that don't have an error-handling definition?

I eventually found a definition of the 'cocoon:/' syntax buried in the
changes log, which says that it accesses another pipeline, yet in the
documentation sitemap, the example doesn't go to another pipeline but to
another match in the same pipeline. In any case, afaics, there is no
identifier for pipelines.

If these matches were all in their own separate pipelines, would the
behaviour be different, and if so how?